VETERAN DEVELOPMENT CAMP
PRESENTED BY EIRI
Ideal for officials 21 years of age and over who are looking to improve their overall officiating skill set. This camp will review the USA Hockey Amateur Rulebook & Casebook ONLY.
VETERAN DEVELOPMENT CAMP
MAY 15 - 17, 2015
CENTER ICE ARENA
At all camp levels, the Pittsburgh Elite Officiating Camps strive to develop officials in ways that will allow each participant to achieve success at higher levels of hockey officiating. PEOC seeks to instruct basic, intermediate and advanced officiating skills and techniques necessary to establish a foundation towards that success.
The 2015 PEOC Veteran Development Camp is designed for officials AGES 21 AND OVER who are looking to improve their overall officiating skill set. Whether your personal goal is to excel at your current level or to advance to the next level, the PEOC Veteran Development Camp will assist you in obtaining your officiating aspirations. This camp will review the USA Hockey Amateur Rulebook.
The PEOC Veteran Development Camp will be approximately 2½ days in duration. The camp begins on Friday evening and concludes Sunday afternoon.
The PEOC Veteran Development Camp will operate in conjunction with the Allegheny Hockey Association Spring League's bantam and midget levels.
- Review of the USA Hockey Amateur Rulebook & Casebook.
- Dedicated PEOC Officials Locker Room for the duration of the camp weekend, complete with personalized assigned stalls, nameplates, tape, and other officiating essentials.
- PEOC apparel provided for each participant (PEOC shirts, shorts, athletic wear, etc.).
- Dedicated classroom for the duration of the camp weekend.
- Review correspondence from leagues including the NHL, AHL, ECHL, IIHF, and NCAA.
- Three, on-ice training sessions with referee/linesman specific drills & game simulations.
- Individual filming and review of officiating & skating drills with instruction staff.
- Multiple classroom sessions per day focusing on positioning, game management, penalty standard, etc.
- Multiple game experiences per day & video performance review from the Instruction Staff with officiating crew immediately following each game session.
- Complete review and utilization of the 4-Man Officiating System throughout the camp weekend.
- Peer Evaluations after each game
- Camp Dinner on Saturday evening provided by PEOC.
CAMP INSTRUCTION STAFF
The component that makes the Pittsburgh Elite Officiating Camps a success with our participants is the experience & knowledge of our instruction staff.
In prior years, PEOC camps have had instructors with officiating experience in the NHL, AHL, ECHL, OHL, IIHF and NCAA Division I hockey.
The PEOC instruction staff has included:
- Current NHL Linesman Derek Amell,
- Current ECHL Vice President of Hockey Operations Joe Ernst,
- Current IIHF, Ontario Hockey League & AHL Referee Keith Kaval,
- Current Mid-Am District Referee-in-Chief Jim Weaver,
- Current USA Hockey Coordinator of Officiating Development B.J. Ringrose,
- Current ECHL and USA Hockey Supervisor Dave Madsen,
- Current SPHL Officiating Director and former NHL Referee Marc Faucette,
- Current NAHL Officiating Coordinator Chris Allman,
- Current HRAO (NCAA Division III) Supervisor Ron Scales,
- Current Big Ten, ECHL & AHL Linesmen Ray King,
- Current Big Ten, ECHL & AHL Linesmen Zach Roberts.
Other top instructors within the USA Hockey Officiating Education Program, including District Referees-in-Chief, Evaluation Coordinators and Supervisors, may also make appearances at camp.
CAMP ATTENDANCE CRITERIA
All 2015 PEOC Veteran Development Camp participants must:
Be a USA Hockey Completely Registered Official,
- Be a strong skater,
- Have an understanding of basic officiating fundamentals and systems,
- Be proficient & comfortable at officiating either Bantam and/or Midget levels of hockey,
- Have a strong desire to develop their personal officiating skill set,
- Have the ability and desire to learn intermediate to advanced techniques of officiating,
CAMP REGISTRATION & COST
WPHOA & EIRI Members save $20.00 on the Veteran Development Camp rate.
The 2015 PEOC Veteran Development Camp will limit its number of participants.
Each PEOC camp has sold out since 2012.
CAMP ARENA INFORMATION
All on-ice and classroom sessions will be held at Center Ice Arena in Delmont, PA:
CAMP HOTEL INFORMATION
Each participant is responsible for their own lodging, if necessary. Sharing room expenses is encouraged. A roster of camp attendees will be distributed to each participant once registration is complete to assist in minimizing hotel expenses.
Holiday Inn Express - Delmont
6552 Route 22
Delmont, PA 15626
Super 8 - Delmont
180 Sheffield Dr.
Delmont, PA 15626
Courtyard by Marriott – Greensburg
700 Power Line Drive
Greensburg, PA 15601