PEOC SENIOR CAMP
JUNE 11 - 13, 2021
CENTER ICE ARENA - DELMONT, PA
The 2020 PEOC Senior Camp is designed for intermediate to advanced level officials who are looking to improve their overall officiating skill set. Whether your personal goal is to excel at your current level or to advance to the next level of competition, the PEOC Senior Camp will assist you in obtaining your officiating aspirations.
This camp will review the USA Hockey Amateur Rule Book and the NCAA / ACHA Rule Book. This camp will focus on the 3 and 4-Official systems.
Officials must be 18 years or older to attend the PEOC Senior Camp.
The PEOC Senior Camp structure has been modified and enhanced for the 2021 season. "Officiate Games" segments will be a mix of Tier II U14 & Junior Varsity-level tournament games. Below is a tentative camp schedule template for the 2020 PEOC Senior Camp:
5:00 PM: Registration/Welcome
5:00 - 7:00 PM: Classroom
8:00 - 9:00 PM: On-Ice Session
8:00 - 9:00 AM: On-Ice Session
9:00 - 1:00 PM: Officiate Games
1:00 - 3:00 pm: Lunch Break
5:00 - 6:30 PM: Classroom
7:00 - 8:30 PM: On-Ice Session
8:00 - 9:00 AM: On-Ice Session
9:00 - 10:30 AM: Classroom
11:00 - 2:00 PM: Officiate Games
3:00 PM: Camp Awards/Dinner
- Review of the USA Hockey Amateur and NCAA / ACHA Rule Books
- Dedicated PEOC Officials Locker Room for the duration of the camp weekend, complete with personalized assigned stalls, nameplates, tape and other officiating essentials
- PEOC apparel provided for each participant, courtesy of The Official's Wearhouse
- Dedicated classroom for the duration of the camp weekend at the host hotel
- Review correspondence from leagues including the NHL, AHL, ECHL, IIHF and NCAA
- Multiple on-ice training sessions with referee/linesman specific drills & game simulations
- Individual review of officiating & skating drills with instruction staff.
- Multiple classroom sessions per day focusing on positioning, game management, penalty standard, etc.
- Multiple game experiences and performance reviews from the Instruction Staff following each game session
- Complete review and utilization of the 3 and 4-Official Systems
- A Camp Dinner provided by PEOC on Saturday night
- Award Ceremony
CAMP INSTRUCTION STAFF
A major component that makes the Pittsburgh Elite Officiating Camps a success with our participants is the experience & knowledge of our instruction staff. PEOC has had instructors with officiating experience in the NHL, AHL, ECHL, OHL, IIHF, and NCAA Division I hockey.
To view the complete 2021 PEOC Staff Roster, CLICK HERE
The PEOC instruction staff has included:
- Current NHL Linesman Derek Amell
- Current NHL referee Furman South
- Current ECHL Vice President of Hockey Operations Joe Ernst
- Current IIHF, Ontario Hockey League & AHL Referee Keith Kaval
- Current Mid-Am District Referee-in-Chief Jim Weaver
- Current USA Hockey Coordinator of Officiating Development B.J. Ringrose
- Current USA Hockey ODP Manager Scott Zelkin
- Current ECHL and USA Hockey Supervisor Dave Madsen
- Current SPHL Officiating Director and former NHL Referee Marc Faucette
- Current NAHL Officiating Coordinator Chris Allman
- Current ECHL, AHL, ODP & NCAA Supervisor Jim Doyle
- Current AHL Referee and form NHL Referee David Banfield
- Current ECHL and AHL Referee Ryan Murphy
- Current Big Ten, ECHL & AHL Linesmen Ray King
- Current Big Ten, ECHL & AHL Linesmen Zach Roberts
CAMP NECESSITIES & ESSENTIALS
Below is a list of items that will be required at all 2021 PEOC Camps:
- Full on-ice officiating equipment.
- Off-ice warm up apparel (t-shirts, shorts, sneakers)
- Proper classroom and team function attire (polo shirt & dress pants/golf shorts)
- RECOMMENDED: Nameplate on back of officiating sweater
CAMP ATTENDANCE CRITERIA
All 2021 PEOC Senior Camp participants must:
- Must be a registered USA Hockey or Hockey Canada Official (any level)
- Be a strong to advanced skater
- Have an understanding of basic officiating fundamentals and systems
- Be proficient & comfortable at officiating advanced/higher levels of hockey
- Have a strong desire to develop their personal officiating skill set
- Have the ability to learn intermediate to advanced techniques of officiating.
CAMP REGISTRATION & COST
GENERAL REGISTRATION FEE - $195.00
EARLY REGISTRATION DISCOUNT - $145.00
* Additional $5.00 Online Convenience Fee per transaction upon registration.
All on-ice sessions and will be held at the Center Ice Arena in Delmont, PA:
100 Center Ice Drive
Delmont, PA 15626