AUGUST 5 - 7, 2021
BAIERL ICE COMPLEX & MARRIOTT - PITTSBURGH NORTH
CRANBERRY TOWNSHIP, PA
The PEOC Prospect Combine is designed for an advanced to elite level official – at any age – who is looking to improve their overall skill set while taking on the challenge of officiating a high level of hockey. Whether your personal goal is to advance to the next level or you desire to adopt officiating as a profession, the PEOC Prospect Combine will assist you in obtaining your personal officiating aspirations.
This camp is customized for those officials who are currently working, or desire to be hired to officiate, high levels of hockey with true aspirations to advance their officiating careers.
The Instruction Staff and Camp Guests at the PEOC Prospect Combine will be comprised of those currently involved in the officiating departments and administration offices of both collegiate & professional hockey leagues.
During the PEOC Prospect Combine, participants will participate in both on-ice and off-ice physical conditioning modules. The results of the on-ice and off-ice physical testing will be included in each participant's PEOC Individual Camp Report (ICR). The ICR will be sent directly to officiating administrators in junior, professional, and collegiate hockey leagues throughout the country.
The PEOC camp structure has been modified and enhanced for the 2019 season. The participants will officiate games that will be a mix of High School Varsity and Tier I U-18 level hockey in a showcase tournament.
The camp will begin early on Thursday afternoon to coincide with camp registration. This camp will run all day Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. This camp will end late Saturday evening following the annual camp-concluding PEOC Awards Dinner & Banquet. The schedule below is a tentative daily agenda.
9:00 AM: Registration/Breakfast
10:00 - 12:00 PM: Classroom
1:00 - 2:00 PM: Ice Session
3:00 - 5:00 PM: Classroom
6:00 - 9:00 PM: Officiate Games
8:00 - 9:00 AM: Team Breakfast
10:00 - 11:00 AM: Ice Session
12:00 - 2:00 PM: USAH Seminar
3:00 - 4:00 PM: Classroom
5:00 - 7:00 PM: Officiate Games
8:00 PM: USA Hockey Testing
10:00 - 11:00 AM: On-Ice Testing
12:00 - 2:00 PM: Classroom
3:00 - 7:00 PM: Officiate Games
8:00 PM: Camp Awards / End
- Review of the USA Hockey Amateur Rule Book
- Review of the USA Hockey Junior Rule Book
- Review of the NCAA / ACHA Rule Book
- Dedicated PEOC Officials Locker Room for the duration of the camp weekend, complete with assigned stalls, nameplates, tape, and other officiating essentials
- PEOC apparel provided for each participant, courtesy of The Official's Wearhouse
- Dedicated classroom for the duration of the camp weekend
- Correspondence from leagues for review, including the NHL, AHL, ECHL, IIHF, and NCAA
- Multiple on-ice training sessions with referee/linesman specific drills & game simulations
- Individual review of officiating & skating drills with instruction staff
- Multiple classroom sessions per day focusing on positioning, game management, penalty standard, etc.
- Multiple game experiences and performance reviews from the Instruction Staff
- Complete review and utilization of the 3 and 4-Official Systems
- One-on-one Q&A sessions with experienced staff and guests
- Individual Camp Reports (ICR) completed for each participant. The ICR will be compiled jointly by the PEOC Instruction Staff following the Elite Exposure Camp and will be sent directly to current officiating administrators in both professional and collegiate hockey leagues throughout the country. The ICR will include a general assessment of each participant's camp performance, the results of their on-ice and off-ice testing and may include camp game films and/or individual on-ice session video, if requested
- A Camp Dinner / Award Ceremony on provided by PEOC
CAMP INSTRUCTION STAFF
A major component that makes the Pittsburgh Elite Officiating Camps a success with our participants is the experience & knowledge of our instruction staff. PEOC has had instructors with officiating experience in the NHL, AHL, ECHL, OHL, IIHF, and NCAA Division I hockey.
To view the complete 2021 PEOC Staff Roster, CLICK HERE
The PEOC instruction staff has included:
Current NHL & Former Olympic Linesman Derek Amell
- Current NHL referee Furman South
- Current ECHL Vice President of Hockey Operations Joe Ernst
- Current IIHF, Ontario Hockey League & AHL Referee Keith Kaval
- Current Mid-Am District Referee-in-Chief Jim Weaver
- Current USA Hockey Coordinator of Officiating Development B.J. Ringrose
- Current USA Hockey ODP Manager Scott Zelkin
- Current ECHL and USA Hockey Supervisor Dave Madsen
- Current SPHL Officiating Director and former NHL Referee Marc Faucette
- Current NAHL Officiating Coordinator Chris Allman
- Current ECHL, AHL, ODP & NCAA Supervisor Jim Doyle
- Current AHL Referee and form NHL Referee David Banfield
- Current ECHL and AHL Referee Ryan Murphy
- Current Big Ten, ECHL & AHL Linesmen Ray King
- Current Big Ten, ECHL & AHL Linesmen Zach Roberts
The Prospect Combine will also invite top officiating administrators from to junior, collegiate and professional hockey leagues to allow camp participants to showcase their officiating abilities.
CAMP NECESSITIES & ESSENTIALS
Below is a list of items that will be required at all 2020 PEOC Camps:
Full on-ice officiating equipment.
- Off-ice warm up apparel (t-shirts, shorts, sneakers)
- Proper classroom and team function attire (polo shirt & dress pants/golf shorts)
- RECOMMENDED: Nameplate on back of officiating sweater
CAMP ATTENDANCE CRITERIA
All 2021 PEOC Prospect Combine participants must:
Be a registered official with USA Hockey or Hockey Canada
- Be an advanced to exceptional skater
- Be proficient at working Tier I, Junior, ACHA, NCAA, and other high levels of hockey
- Have a strong desire to develop your personal officiating skills
- Have aspirations to advance to the highest levels of hockey officiating
- Have the ability and aspirations to learn very advanced techniques of officiating
CAMP REGISTRATION & COST
GENERAL REGISTRATION FEE - $245.00
EARLY REGISTRATION DICSOUNT - $195.00
* Additional $5.00 Online Convenience Fee per transaction upon registration.
All on-ice sessions will be held at Baierl Ice Complex in Cranberry Township, PA:
103 Marshall Drive
Warrendale, PA 15086
CAMP HOTEL INFORMATION
PEOC participants have the option to include discounted hotel expenses upon registration. This allows PEOC participants to stay at the official host hotel of the PEOC Prospect Combine, the Marriott - Pittsburgh North, just minutes away from the Baierl Ice Complex.
PEOC will provide room assignments to all camp participants. Rooms included in reservations through PEOC are for the registration and one roommate/fellow camper.
Special requests for room assignments/partners/solo rooms will be accepted once a participant is fully registered to attend camp.
COST: NOW ONLY $65.00 USD/night (Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday nights of camp only) added to PEOC registration fee, if selected.
CLICK HERE to visit the TownePlace Suites - Cranberry Township website.
2020 Cool Springs Drive
Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania 16066