PEOC JUNIOR CAMP
JUNE 11 - 13, 2021
CENTER ICE ARENA - DELMONT, PA
The PEOC Junior Camp is designed for beginner to intermediate officials who are looking to improve their overall officiating skill set. Whether your personal goal is to excel at your current level or to advance to the next level, the PEOC Junior Camp will assist you in obtaining your officiating aspirations. This camp will only review the USA Hockey Amateur Rule Book and focus on the 2-Official system.
Level 3 & 4 USA Hockey Officials may use attending PEOC as seminar credit for the 2020-21 season.
The PEOC Junior Camp operates on Thursday evening, all day Friday, and concludes Saturday evening.
PARTICIPANTS MUST BE 17 YEARS OF AGE OR YOUNGER TO ATTEND THIS CAMP.
The PEOC camp structure has been modified and enhanced for the 2019 season. "Officiate Games" segments will be a mix of U10 and U12 Tier II games. Below is a tentative camp schedule for the PEOC Junior Camp:
5:00 PM: Registration/Welcome
6:00 - 8:30 PM: Classroom
9:00 - 10:00 PM: On-Ice Session
8:00 - 9:00 AM: On-Ice Session
9:00 - 1:00 PM: Officiate Games
1:00 - 3:00 PM: Lunch Break
4:00 - 6:00 PM: Classroom
7:00 - 8:00 PM: On-Ice Session
8:00 - 9:00 AM: On-Ice Session
9:30 - 11:30 AM - Classroom
12:00 - 1:30 PM: Officiate Games
2:00 - 3:00 PM: Camp Awards/End
USA Hockey Seminar Credit for Level 3 & 4 Officials
- Review of the USA Hockey Amateur Rule Book
- Dedicated PEOC Officials Locker Room for the duration of the camp weekend, complete with personalized assigned stalls, nameplates, tape and other officiating essentials
- PEOC apparel provided for each participant, from The Official's Wearhouse
- Dedicated classroom for the duration of the camp weekend
- Review correspondence from leagues including the NHL, AHL, ECHL, IIHF and NCAA
- Multiple on-ice training sessions with officiating specific drills & game simulations
- Individual review of officiating & skating drills with instruction staff
- Multiple classroom sessions per day focusing on positioning, game management, penalty standard, etc.
- Multiple game experiences per day with performance review from the Instruction Staff
- Complete review and utilization of the 2-Official System throughout the camp weekend
- Camp Dinner provided by PEOC on Saturday night
CAMP INSTRUCTION STAFF
A major component that makes the Pittsburgh Elite Officiating Camps a success with our participants is the experience & knowledge of our instruction staff. PEOC has had instructors with officiating experience in the NHL, AHL, ECHL, OHL, IIHF, and NCAA Division I hockey.
To view the complete 2021 PEOC Staff Roster, CLICK HERE
The PEOC instruction staff has included:
Current NHL & former Olympic Linesman Derek Amell
- Current NHL referee Furman South
- Current ECHL Vice President of Hockey Operations Joe Ernst
- Current NAHL Officiating Department Manager & former AHL Referee Keith Kaval
- Current USA Hockey Mid-Am District Referee-in-Chief Jim Weaver
- Current USA Hockey Coordinator of Officiating Development B.J. Ringrose
- Current USA Hockey ODP Manager Scott Zelkin
- Current ECHL and USA Hockey Supervisor Dave Madsen
- Current SPHL Officiating Director and former NHL Referee Marc Faucette
- Current ECHL, AHL, ODP & NCAA Supervisor Jim Doyle
- Current AHL Referee and form NHL Referee David Banfield
- Current AHL & former Olympic Linesman Tommy George
- Current Big Ten, ECHL & AHL Linesmen Ray King
- Current Big Ten, ECHL & AHL Linesmen Zach Roberts
CAMP NECESSITIES & ESSENTIALS
Below is a list of items that will be required at all 2021 PEOC Camps:
Full on-ice officiating equipment.
- Off-ice warm up apparel (t-shirts, shorts, sneakers)
- Proper classroom and team function attire (polo shirt & dress pants/golf shorts)
- RECOMMENDED: Nameplate on back of officiating sweater
CAMP ATTENDANCE CRITERIA
All 2021 PEOC Junior Camp participants must:
Be a currently registered USA Hockey Official (any level)
- Be an average to strong skater
- Have an understanding of basic officiating fundamentals and systems
- Be proficient & comfortable at officiating lower/younger levels of hockey
- Have a strong desire to develop their personal officiating skill set and ability to learn beginner to intermediate techniques of officiating.
- Be 17 years of age, or younger
CAMP REGISTRATION & COST
GENERAL REGISTRATION FEE - $195.00
EARLY REGISTRATION DISCOUNT - $145.00
* Additional $5.00 Online Convenience Fee per transaction upon registration.
All classroom and on-ice sessions will be held at Center Ice Arena in Delmont, PA:
100 Center Ice Drive
Delmont, PA 15626