2014 PEOC ADVANCED CAMP
JUNE 27 - JUNE 29, 2014
BLADERUNNERS ICE COMPLEX
Advanced Camp Objective
At all camp levels, the Pittsburgh Elite Officiating Camps strive to develop officials in ways that will allow each participant to achieve success at higher levels of hockey officiating. PEOC seeks to instruct basic, intermediate and advanced officiating skills and techniques necessary to establish a foundation towards that success.
The PEOC Advanced Camp is designed for a higher level official – at any age – who is looking to improve their overall skill set while taking on the challenge of officiating Junior A (Tier II) level hockey. Whether your personal goal is to excel at your current level, advance to the next level or considering officiating as a profession, the PEOC Advanced Camp will assist you in obtaining those officiating aspirations.
This camp is customized for officials who are at an intermediate to advanced level and feel they are capable of officiating high levels (Junior, Collegiate, etc.) of hockey. The material covered will be advanced and is not recommended for new or less experienced officials. We ask that prospective officials understand the purpose and level of this camp and self-evaluate before making their camp selection.
The PEOC Advanced Camp will be approximately 3 days in duration. The camp will begin on Friday morning and conclude Sunday afternoon.
The Advanced Camp will operate in conjunction with the open tryout for the North American Hockey League's Johnstown Tomahawks.
Advanced Camp Highlights
- Dedicated PEOC Officials Locker Room for the duration of the camp weekend, complete with assigned stalls, nameplates, tape, and other officiating essentials
- PEOC camp apparel provided for each participant (PEOC T-shirts, shorts, etc.)
- Dedicated classroom for the duration of the camp weekend
- Correspondence from leagues for review, including the NHL, AHL, ECHL, IIHF, and NCAA
- Three, on-ice training sessions with referee/linesman specific drills & game simulations
- Individual filming and review of officiating & skating drills with instruction staff
- Multiple classroom sessions per day focusing on positioning, game management, penalty standard, etc.
- Multiple game experiences per day & video performance review from the Instruction Staff with the crew immediately following each game session
- Complete review and utilization of the 4-Man Officiating System throughout the camp weekend
- Peer Evaluations after each game
- Camp Dinner on Saturday evening provided by PEOC
- Attendance at camp also serves as attending a WPHOA Evaluation Session (WPHOA Members)
Instructors & Staff
The component that makes the Pittsburgh Elite Officiating Camps a huge success with the participants is the experience & knowledge of our instruction staff.
In prior years, PEOC camps have had instructors with officiating experience in the NHL, AHL, ECHL, OHL, IIHF and NCAA Division I hockey.
The instruction staff has included current NHL Linesman Derek Amell; current ECHL VP of Hockey Operations Joe Ernst; current IIHF, Ontario Hockey League & AHL referee Keith Kaval; and current Big Ten, ECHL & AHL linesmen Ray King and Zach Roberts.
The 2014 PEOC Advanced Camp Instruction Staff will be selected from top officials who are currently working – or have experience in – the National Hockey League, American Hockey League, ECHL, IIHF and NCAA Division I hockey.
Other top instructors within the USA Hockey Officiating Education Program, including District Referees-in-Chief, Evaluation Coordinators and Supervisors, may also make appearances.
Advanced Camp Attendance Criteria
All PEOC Advanced Camp participants must:
- Be a USA Hockey Completely Registered Official,
- Be a very strong (advanced) skater,
- Be proficient at working Junior level hockey,
- Have a strong desire to develop their personal officiating skills and have the desire to advance as an official,
- Have the ability and aspiration to learn intermediate & advanced techniques of officiating,
- Must be available and attend the duration of the camp.
Advanced Camp Registration
- The 2014 PEOC Advanced Camp will be limited in participants.
- Be sure to register early as this camp will sell out quickly.
- Register online at www.PEOC.webs.com.
- Registration begins on February 17, 2014 beginning at 10:00 AM EST.
- REGISTER EARLY AND SAVE! Save $25 on camp fee if you register by March 17, 2014.
Advanced Camp Cost
- $160 Advanced Camp fee if registered by March 17, 2014 ($25 OFF - Early Registration Discount).
- If registering after March 17, 2014, the camp fee is $185.
- The camp fee is non-refundable to all participants.
Each participant is responsible for their own lodging, if necessary. Sharing room expenses is encouraged. A list of camp attendees will be distributed to each participant once registration is complete to assist in limiting hotel expenses.
Motel 6 Cranberry - from $49/night
19025 Perry Highway
Mars, PA 16046
Super 8 Mars/Cranberry - from $76/night
929 Sheraton Drive
Mars, PA 16046
Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North - from $86/night
20009 Route 19 Marguerite Rd
Cranberry Township, PA 16066
Hampton Inn Cranberry - from $109/night
210 Executive Drive
Cranberry, PA 16066
All on-ice sessions and classroom sessions will be held at BladeRunners in Warrendale, PA (near Cranberry):
103 Marshall Drive
Warrendale, PA 15086